Job: B-Line Diner Line Cook II On Call
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at The Peabody
Responsible for cooking food according to oral or written orders received from other food service employees.
- Ability to lift and move approximately 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, climb and reach continuously.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring sustained repetitive motion. For example: dishing portions, carving, stirring and chopping.
- Ability to properly maintain and properly operate basic kitchen equipment. For example: slicers, tilt skillets, steamers and mixers.
- Ability to move freely within kitchen area.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, including handling hot utensils and equipment.
- Ability to interact with guests and other employees in a courteous, empathetic and discreet manner.
- Ability to read, count and perform basic arithmetic, including use of percentages.
- Is not infected by diseases transmitted through the food supply as designated by the Public Health Service.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to adhere to Peabody grooming standards.
- Ability to uphold and exemplify Peabody Service Excellence®.
Skills / Requirements
- Works with other staff members to keep the kitchen clean, organized and ready for service.
- Follows orders from supervisor on how to prepare and cook food products.
- Cooks food using proper techniques and maintaining food quality.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of all food preparation areas, as well as proper handling and storage of all food.
- Uses and maintains kitchen equipment properly.
- Must learn and receive certification in state law hand-washing procedures and food handling.
Culinary Arts Degree or equivalent