Job: Financial Services Case Manager
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at The Center For Drug Free Living
Browse Similar Jobs: Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management
Performs duties for providing cost estimates of care for clients. Determines the financial capability and payment options for treatment, enters accurate data into the Center's database, collects fees for services and prepares associated documentation. This person reports to the Manager, Client Financial Services.
1. Verifies that releases are signed as well as client's insurance eligibility and specific
coverage with individual insurance company or employer. Ensures that the master
client file is properly established in computer system.
2. Provides financial consultation and triage to current and potential clients, in order to
determine the individual's financial status. Identify and correct any deficiencies
regarding financial qualifying and collection.
3. Screen clients for determination of appropriate fund source. (i.e. Nueva Vida, Orange
4. Monitor/update screening process every 45 days, to ensure compliance with fund
5. Prepares fee estimates for the client's full course of care. Develops, along with the
client, the most appropriate payment plan. Identifies the fund source along with other
specific financial information.
6. Identify, analyze and enters pertinent financial information into the Center's computer
system. Verifies all reported information to ensure the integrity of the information.
7. Types correspondence and memoranda related to this position.
8. Post collected first party fees to the individual's account. Ensures that all financial
documentation is completed in a timely manner and updated when the client's financial
9. Works with the finance department and supervisors to identify and correct any
deficiencies with regard to financial qualifying and collection.
10. May be required to work at multiple locations and maintain financial and caseload
responsibilities as well as working with specialized departments.
11. Must maintain flexibility of scheduling work tasks so that the individual can be
responsive to the needs of the Program Department on a daily basis.
12 Work in a cooperative manner with Program Directors and Staff.
13. Maintain high standards of ethical and professional conduct and adheres to Agency
policies and procedures.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Assist with departmental operations, under direction, to maintain work flow.
2. Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate
activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain
specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
3. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition. Ensure safe operating conditions
within area of responsibility.
4. Perform any other duties so assigned or requested.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer terminal and common office equipment.
Skills / Requirements
Requires High School Education or Equivalent. Two years experience or equivalent training in insurance, screening, data entry and fee collection and qualification. Knowledge of Medicaid rules and regulations. Ability to work with challenging clients and respond to multiple needs of staff. Physical Requirements - - Lifting: Must be able to lift 20 lbs. Sitting: Must be able to sit 30 minutes without interruption. Standing: Must be able to stand 30 minutes without interruption.
FULLY FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires knowledge of private insurance and Medicaid billing systems, codes, eligibility rules and related regulations, general office routines and specific knowledge of computer data entry, recording keeping and filing systems. Requires the ability to read, analyze and interpret written information communicate verbally and in writing where information includes precise data, possibly of a confidential nature. Further requires the equivalent of a basic high school level education, specific private insurance and Medicaid billing and computer skills training and at least two years related experience.
Location Finance Dept.
About the Organization The Center for Drug-Free Living, Inc. is proud to be Central Florida's largest provider of behavioral healthcare services for over 39 years. The Center provides a full continuum of innovative, high quality treatment, prevention, and juvenile justice services with the goal of promoting responsible choices and healthy living. Through programs operated by a compassionate and committed team of counselors, nurses, behavioral technicians, medical staff, and administrators, The Center For Drug-Free Living has earned the reputation as a leader in evidence-based treatment practices and services. The Center continues to advance in serving the changing needs of growing and diverse populations across Orange, Osceola, Seminole, and Brevard counties through successful outcomes, research, and community action.