Job: Strategic Marketing Specialist
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Florida Virtual School is changing the face of education. Our student-centric approach means that every member of our team—no matter the position or job responsibilities—has the opportunity to positively impact the education of students in our program. Every job here has a greater purpose and influence than those in traditional organizations. We are proud of our team and to continue our mission in delivering high quality, technology-based education that provides the skills and knowledge students need for success in the 21st century, we look to hire only the best.
Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Florida Virtual School (FLVS) is the leader in developing and providing virtual K-12 education solutions throughout the United States and the world. FLVS offers more than 100 courses, including core subjects, world languages, electives, honors and Advanced Placement courses. Enrollment is open to public, private, and home school students. FLVS has over 1,300 staff members and serves over 90,000 active students.
Florida Virtual School’s total rewards package offers much more than just a pay check! Exposure to cutting-edge technology development/application, world class business development initiatives and career advancement opportunities only add to our comprehensive benefits package that includes employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, short and long term disability, educational assistance and paid time off. Additionally, Florida Virtual School is a member of the Florida Retirement System offering employer-paid pension/investment retirement plans. These benefits often add a value of several thousands of dollars to the total compensation package!
Strategic Marketing Specialist
The Strategic Marketing Specialist is responsible for the ongoing development and execution of Florida Virtual School’s (FLVS) marketing strategy. The Strategic Marketing Specialist participates in all matters relating to the FLVS sales pipeline growth, innovative marketing plans, related success metrics, and industry related events. The Strategic Marketing Specialist recommends changes in marketing philosophy and execution; ensuring that marketing activities nurture FLVS’s overall marketing strategy.
Skills / Requirements
For consideration for this position, candidates must meet all of the job requirements as listed below:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or Business Administration from an accredited educational institution, or equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training. Master’s Degree preferred.
· Minimum of three years experience in Marketing, Advertising and/or Business Administration
· Proven experience in the development, execution and assessment of complex marketing plans
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible for the development and ongoing assessment of all Marketing Performance Metrics including (but not limited to) program metrics, efficiency metrics, brand metrics, customer value metrics, and overall return on investment for all marketing initiatives.
· Manages organizational customer relationship management system and strategies.
· Manages large marketing projects and campaigns from inception through completion by providing creative strategy, coordinating with team members, managing department deadlines, and communicating with key stakeholders during campaign implementation.
· Conducts market research activities to identify targeted populations, including potential strategic partners, and to identify the appropriate media for distribution of promotional information.
· Develops advertising campaigns for various media; and prepares copy.
· Performs extensive writing, copywriting, editing, and proofing of marketing collateral.
· Represents the organization at various events (local, state, national, international) to promote existing and new programs and/or policies.
· Supports annual operating budgets and provides fiscal guidance to the team.
· Nurtures and develops large-scale strategic partner relationships and co-branded marketing campaigns.
· Ensures sales pipeline growth by working with Channel Partners and other strategic partners, including monitoring and evaluating the sales prospect pipeline to meet established annual revenue goals.
· Maintains a relevant and current library of marketing materials and content.
· Maintains messaging and branding consistency throughout external communications.
· Assists with FLVS client and potential client visits.
· Assists with setting FLVS pricing strategy.
· Supports management and administration of specialized databases.
Text Updates from Florida Virtual School
Enter your phone number to receive updates on careers at Florida Virtual School .