Job: Napa Assistant Restaurant Manager
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at The Peabody
Browse Similar Jobs: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Responsible for assisting the Restaurant Manager in managing the food and beverage service of the restaurant to include food preparation, food and beverage service and to maintain established operational standards
and maximize profits for the hotel. Assists the Restaurant Manager in developing and training restaurant service staff.
- Ability to understand and execute all safety and emergency procedures (for example: fire, crowd control, and inclement weather and bomb threats).
- Ability to move freely within restaurant and kitchen area.
- Ability to handle cash and credit transactions.
- Ability to read and write effectively.
- Ability to stand and walk continuously.
- Ability to perform basic math, including the use of percentages.
- Ability to utilize computer programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively utilize point of sale equipment.
- Ability to read and understand diagrams and count.
- Ability to interact with guests and other associates in a courteous, empathetic and discreet manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with guests and be able to direct/escort them to various facilities and functions within the hotel.
- Not infected by diseases transmitted through the food supply as designated by the Public Health Service.
- Ability to push/pull carts weighing approximately 100 pounds.
- Ability to lift and carry a server tray weighing approximately 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, squat and reach.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to adhere to Peabody grooming standards.
- Ability to uphold and exemplify Peabody Service Excellence® Standards.
Skills / Requirements
- Must have 2 years of specialty restaurant supervisory experience.
- Must be able to manage food, beverage and labor cost.
- Must be able to establish daily food and beverage pars based on projected sales.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including 1st and 2nd shifts.
- Must meet city, county, state and other legal minimum age requirement to sell/serve alcoholic beverages.
- Ability to maintain the following certifications current:
a. Florida manager food safety certification within 60 days of employment.
b. Responsible alcohol service certification within 60 days of employment.
- Knowledge of food and beverage cost controls.
- Must have good knowledge of beverages including wines, spirits and beers.
- Must be able to learn and utilize the requisition/ordering software program.
- 1st and/or 2nd Sommelier experience preferred.
- Responsible for the business and service performance of the restaurant.
- Maintains high standards of quality control, hygiene, health and safety regulations.
- Works within established budget.
- Interacts with all guests to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Investigates and resolves guest complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Maintains wine cellar.
- Assists Restaurant Manager in scheduling and organizing wine tastings for staff.
- Assists Restaurant Manager in implementing details of large party buy outs.
- Requisitions and receives products.
- Provides recommendations on menu and wine selection.
- Assists in preparing department schedule according to business needs.
- Assists in monitoring department payroll closely including weekly/bi-weekly time sheets and submits daily tip reports to Payroll.
- Attends all required meetings.
- Completes all administrative paperwork.
- Directs and oversees the work of staff.
- Must be able to accomplish the tasks of the following associates:
o Server (AM, Lunch and PM)
o Assist in all culinary areas
- Maintains open communication with staff by conducting daily shift meetings and regular department meetings when Restaurant Manager is not available.
- Proactively resolves issues concerning staff.
- Interviews, hires, trains, coaches, and counsels associates in their ongoing development.
- Performs 90-day and annual performance appraisals on all associates.
- Assists the Restaurant Manager with special projects.
- Completes all other tasks or projects as assigned by management.