Job: Per Diem Radiology Registered Nurse
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Florida Radiology Imaging
With a true focus on customer service, patient care and empowering our staff to do what is in the best interest of our patients, Florida Radiology Imaging is changing the face of outpatient imaging services. We are currently recruiting for an experienced Radiology Registered Nurse to support our FRi Princeton Center in the Greater Orlando area. This position duties are as follows:
Reporting to the Center Director, this position (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt) is accountable for completing and supporting in patient diagnosis and biopsy procedures. The Radiology RN assures that services are administered using professional standards with a strong focus on customer service excellence and remains self-motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of the field, disease, and new procedures as they evolve. In addition to the expectations listed below, the Radiology RN will support other center/company needs as directed
• Verifies physician order for procedure, diagnosis and exam specifics matches the exam we will be performing
• Ensures that the referring physician on the order matches what is in the RIS system, if not updates this accordingly within workflow, appointment and demographics
• Thoroughly reviews/completes patient history form, checklist and consent forms
• Accurately starts & completes exams using the correct CPT code
• Provides the interpreting radiologist with exam requisition after exam completion along with any pertinent patient history, prior films or reports
• Documents the use of contrast materials to include amount, route of administration and rate of injection
• Ensures that data entered into scanner & in PACS is accurate with regard to patient identification, correct study name, patient orientation, etc.
• Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse
• Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
• Preferred ACLS, PALS and EKG licensure or registration
• Must be skilled in providing services to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, ensuring that the techniques used are age appropriate