Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman's Manned Aircraft Design Center of Excellence located in Melbourne Florida has an immediate opening for an experienced designer specializing in the application of PDM/PLM systems in conjunction with 3D modeling (CAD) or analysis (CAE) Engineering Design Tools. The position supports the Sector Model-based Engineering (MBE) Tools team. The candidate will be required to leverage prior engineering design/analysis experience to support Model-based Analysis (MBA), Model-based Design (MBD), or Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) initiatives related to engineering tool development, including the maturation of requirements, documentation of engineering use cases, validation and testing of tool functionality, creation of training/best practice documentation, and coordination of user support.
- Successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability and experience working in an aircraft (or similar) design environment with extensive experience working with Teamcenter and NX (or equivalent PDM/PLM/CAD/CAE applications).
- Successful candidate will have a background in a Structures or Subsystems Design/Analysis discipline, which could include electrical/mechanical routing, mechanisms, or metallic/composite structural design.
- Successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and recommendations.
- Successful candidate will act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of Engineering Tools and exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Successful candidate will demonstrate leadership characteristics by providing direction associated with project tasking to lesser experienced individuals on the team as required.
High School diploma or equivalent and 6 years additional education and/or related experience with product development, using Northrop Grumman Engineering Design Tools or equivalents.
Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Security Clearance.
Basic Qualifications plus a college degree and experience in Technical Management or Engineering Tools administration, including subject matter expertise with NX and Teamcenter.
Demonstrated ability in PDM/PLM systems, NX design, NX mechanical/electrical routing, NX Open, Syncrofit, Fibersim, Mentor Graphics.
Demonstrated ability to prepare Technical Data Packages in a PDM/PLM managed environment.
Active DOD Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.