South Lake Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse - Cath Lab - PRN (As Needed) - Varied Shifts
at South Lake Hospital
Job Status: Part Time,Contract/Temporary,On Call
Job Reference #: 5000159426106
Categories: Science/Biotech/Research, Healthcare - Lab/Hematology/Pathology, Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management
Job TitleRegistered Nurse - Cath Lab - PRN (As Needed) - Varied Shifts
LocationSouth Lake Hospital-SLH
- *Provides physiological and hemodynamic monitoring during diagnostic and/or interventional procedures.
- *Assists in the technical performance of diagnostic and/or interventional procedures.
- *Maintains a working knowledge of all-procedural changes and equipment updates.
- *Assists Physician as a scrub assistant; circulates cases; monitors hemodynamics on the MacLab monitoring station.
- *Interprets application and technical aspects of all equipment and supplies used in all procedures.
- *Provides communication in a positive manner with patients and their families.
- *Demonstrates good judgment and decision making skills as required or solicits supervisory input.
- *Confirms that all procedure documentation is complete and legible.
- *Verifies files and records for completeness and accuracy of the patient studies.
- *Assures the patient's education of procedure performed, needs, safety, and comfort are met while in their care.
- *Possesses knowledge of aseptic technique required with procedures with open wounds.
- *Archives and amends demographic information to CD.
- *Appraises and evaluates actual and potential hemostasis of a vessel post procedure.
- *Ascertains indications, usual dose, precautions and contraindications for giving cardiovascular medications.
- *Possesses knowledge regarding location, use and troubleshooting of complex technical equipment/instruments.
- *Demonstrates knowledge of and calculates valvular areas on the MacLab hemodynamic monitoring system.
- *Facilitates and communicates effectively, any deficiencies in inventory shortages.
- *Mentors new Cath Lab members while maintaining high standards of patient care, documentation, and professionalism.
- *Recovers post Cath Lab procedure patients.
- *Discontinues venous and arterial sheaths.
- *Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- *Respects the rights and privacy of others and holds staff member information in strict confidence.
- *Maintains regular attendance and complies with time and attendance policy and procedure.
- *Adheres to South Lake Hospital's policies and procedures; Mission, Vision and Values statements; Code of Conduct.
- *Ensures compliance with all regulatory standards including Federal, State, local and Joint Commission.
- *Prioritizes workload to manage multiple priorities.
- *Uses problem-solving skills to meet goals.
- *Enhances professional growth by participating in educational programs, current literature and/or workshops.
Other Related Functions
- *Maintains proper workflow and prioritizes to optimize patient care.
- *Demonstrates efficient use of supplies.
- *Assists with collection of PI data and other assigned duties.
- *Responsible for entering all charge entries into the computer system.
- *Performs other related duties as needed.
Job FunctionRegistered Nurse
South Lake Hospital is centrally located in Clermont, Florida, which combines the appeal of suburban life with easy access to Orlando, all of the major theme parks, and beautiful beaches on both coasts. At South Lake Hospital, our mission is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities in South Lake County.
Our 160-acre health, wellness, and education campus provides a complete continuum of quality care. With 170 beds, and more than 1,500 employees, we offer a variety of medical services including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery, urology, women's services, and our cardiac catheterization laboratory. South Lake Hospital is currently looking for Registered Nurse to work with our Cath Lab Team.
Interested candidates are required to have the following:
- *Graduate from an approved school of nursing required.
- *Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Training required. Licensure/Certification
- *Current license in the State of Florida.
- *Current American Heart Association BLS certification and ACLS certification upon hire.
- *Minimum of 1 year in a cardiac catheterization lab or clinically-related experience required.
- *Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) preferred.