VNA Treasure Coast
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) - Home Health - South Brevard County
at VNA Treasure Coast
- Job Location
- Regular Full-Time
- Work Days
- Monday - Friday
- Work Hours
The VNA provides compassionate, innovative care of the highest quality, setting the standard for patients and caregivers needing private care, home health, hospice, and community health services. Together, we provide the highest quality patient care.
Come join a winning team! By choosing to work for the VNA, you would be working with an agency that has been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ for 7 years in Indian River County because of the benefits we offer our associates, such as:
- Competitive pay
- 18 paid days off to start, 6 paid holidays
- up to 90% coverage of health insurance costs
- Onsite, no-cost wellness clinic staffed by a VNA ARNP
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free CEU credits
- Several local and national discounts
The Visiting Nurse Association is seeking a full time Physical Therapist Assistant to work with our Space Coast Home Health division in south Brevard County. Under the order of the physician, and under the direction of a registered physical therapist, provides skilled physical therapy and health teaching to patients and their significant others in the home setting
- Responsibilities are directed by a registered physical therapist.
- Administer treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Observing, recording activities and findings in the clinical record and reporting to the physican the patient's reaction to treatment and any changes in the patient's condition.
- Counsel and teach patient and significant others to accomplish goals.
- Follow care plan established by a Physical Therapist which addresses problems requiring intervention.
- Performs discharge planning in conjunction with Physical Therapist.
- Meet with Clerical Therapy Coordinator on a regular basis.
- Maintain clinical records according to agency, state and federal guidelines.
- Attends case conferences on an as needed basis.
- Participate in inservice educational programs.
- Must hold current licensure as a Physical Therapist Assistant in the State of Florida
- One year prior experience required. Prior experience with electronic medical records preferred.